[ic] 3 decimal places with discount tag

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Mon Jan 31 15:10:41 EST 2005

Hi list,

I have an issue with a customer's order that had a 15% discount on all
items. One of the items showed after the discount as $12.32, but if I
look at "Edit Order" in the UI, it shows 12.325.

This extra decimal place carried over to the total (though not visible
to the customer), which caused the credit card charge to round their
total up a penny, contrary to what IC told them it would be.

Our perl tag code for the discount is:

$Session->{discount}{ALL_ITEMS} = '$s * ' . $discount;

If you feed that $14.50 with a discount of 15%, it will indeed return
12.325. Somehow, I either need the discount tag to remove the third
decimal place, or else the subtotal should remove it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
--
Josh Lavin