[ic] permissions problem uploading .pdf files

Joachim Schubert joachim at schubis-dd.de
Fri Jul 1 01:52:27 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 08:18:28PM +0200, Eric Bont wrote:
> Eric Bont wrote:
>
> >>I created an extra directory for my .pdf files. When I upload my .pdf
> >>files with the product-editor (widget type=image upload) everything
> >>works fine.
> >>
> >>When I use the file transfer page
> >>(file_transfer.html?initial_dir=images/pdf) I have a problem that the
> >>upload .pdf file gets the wrong rights ( -rw-rw---   instead of
> >>-rw-r--r--   ). Uploading by the product-editor the file gets the right
> >>permissions
> >>
> >>When I try to connect my catalog to a pdf file with wrong rights I get
> >>the message : Forbidden
> >>You don't have permission to access /xxx/images/pdf/testpdf12.pdf on
> >>this server.
> >

> >Are you logged in to Interchange UI as an admin user? How is Interchange
> >running - is the catalog owned by the interch user, or a different user?
> >
> >I'm not sure exactly where IC gets its umask from - but this info will
> >help clarify.
> >
> >JT
>
> Yep, it doesn't matter - admin and users has the same problem. By the way,
> it's only with .pdf files - when I upload .pdf files with the
> image-uploader to the /items or /pdf directory I have permission problems.
> When I upload .gif files with the same image editor to /items or /pdf
> everything works fine.
>
> admin/upload_file?mv_session_id=sGkfR36y&mv_pc=223&mv_arg=images/pdf/&ui_return_to=admin/file_transfer

I had the same problem and edited the file upload_file.html
in ...lib/UI/pages/admin (or copy it in CATROOT/pages/admin):

find the line:
$regex = q{@_UI_CONST_IMAGE_REGEX_@} || '\.(?:gif|jpe?g|png)$';

and change it to:
$regex = q{@_UI_CONST_IMAGE_REGEX_@} || '\.(?:gif|jpe?g|png|pdf)$';

You also may set the UI_CONST_IMAGE_REGEX Variable without editing
this file....

HTH
Achim