[ic] Gift Certificates

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Tue Jul 12 13:32:36 EDT 2005

On Jul 12, 2005, at 5:11 AM, Matt Kerner wrote:

> I'm working on a site that needs to have both gift certificate and
> coupon support ($X off - handled like a gift cert). In searching
> the list it has been almost a year since there has been any
> discussion of gift certificate functionality in Interchange. The
> most applicable being Mike Heins comments about support in 5.3.
> We're currently using 5.2 for our production systems and I was
> wondering if anybody had experience using the 5.3 gift certificate
> setup in 5.2 or if somebody had 5.2 code for handling gift
> certificates.
>
> If there isn't code available already I'm planning on building a GC
> purchase/redemption system. If you have code or suggestions they
> would be appreciated.

You should be able to easily port the changes in 5.3 back to 5.2.
This is what I will be doing as my catalog was built in 4.8, but runs
on 5.3. It's just some code in certain places and a few tables.

Mike Heins coded up some simple coupon processing for me (percentages
and dollars off) a while back, so if you're interested in that, let
me know. It is not part of the 5.3 gift certs, though.

--
Josh Lavin
Kingdom Design   http://www.kingdomdesign.com/