[ic] Moving site from RedHat Linux to Yellow Dog Linux - GDBM problem

Janine Sisk janine at furfly.net
Tue Jul 12 21:43:38 EDT 2005

I'm moving an Interchange site from a Redhat server to a Mac Mini
running Yellow Dog Linux.  I started out fine:
- install all the packages
- load database dump
- run makecat to make all the pieces, skipping the createdb step
- copy over files from document root and interchange root from old
server

I ran into a problem right away;  the site was trying to open
component.gdbm, which is not readable on the new system ("GDBM could
not tie...").  The difference in processor, I suppose.  I saw that the
file had not been updated since I first installed Interchange, since
that table is in the database, so I deleted all the inactive GDBM files
and got past that problem.  variable.gdbm and access.gdbm are still
being used, however, so I am going to have to find some other way to
fix them.

I know I can modify the RedHat version of the site and pull this data
into the database, but I'd prefer to leave that copy of the site
untouched for now.  Is there some way to copy over variable.txt and
access.txt and have Interchange build new GDBM databases?  I tried
Googling for GDBM but it doesn't appear to have any command-line
commands that I can find, so I can't do it that way.  I'm not very
experienced with Interchange (I'm the sys admin but I don't run the
site) so if this is in the admin interface I just haven't found it yet.

Also, does anyone know if I'm going to have the same problem with the
GPG keys?  (groan)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

janine