[ic] Payment module problems

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Thu Jul 21 06:23:31 EDT 2005

Jamie Neil wrote:

>> Patched and apparently working OK - fingers crossed.
>

> Everything seemed to be fine until a week or so ago when interchange
> stopped responding with one of the processes stuck on 100% utilisation.
>
> This is the first time I'd seen this (interchange has always been rock
> solid up to now) so thinking it might be related to running in RPC mode,
> and assuming that the wget fix was working, I switched back to low
> traffic mode and restarted.
>
> Big mistake - payment module errors came back in force.
>
> So I've switched back to RPC mode again and so far I've not seen a
> repeat of the problem, but it looks like the use_wget option is not
> fixing it.
>
> Can anyone suggest how we go about troubleshooting this, cos I'm out of
> ideas and I don't really want to carry on using RPC mode if I can help it.

Is no-one else seeing this problem?

Our setup is nothing unusual: Debian 3.1; Apache2; non-threaded Perl
5.8.7 + Bundle::Interchange; MySQL 4.1; and IC 5.2.

We've tried RPC mode, unsafe signals, and now wget - still getting these
intermittant payment module problems.

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254