[ic] sql-param macro question

jeff at hisgirlfridays.com jeff at hisgirlfridays.com
Fri Jul 29 21:27:10 EDT 2005

Hello,

I know this is probably pushing it with ITL, but:

- given a database table column named "price1"
- and [tmp macro]price1[/tmp]

is there a way to do [sql-param [scratch macro]] (where I actually want
it to be interpreted as [sql-param price1])?

Also, we are launching a nice, new IC site at store.charmschool.com this
week.  It came out good, very happy with it.  We are also doing a spring
break vacation packages site which is extremely exciting for me.  We are
not using any of the provided IC templates for it, the whole frontend
and admin is custom-built. I decided to use IC because it's already
running numerous ecommerce sites on our server and I knew that its
session management system is superb.  Of course, with the query and list
tags you can easily store and retrieve dynamic content.  When I went to
implement image uploads on the admin, and discovered that just one line
of code handled it all (value-extended), I knew that my choice to use IC
for content management was well made.  Proves what I've been saying for,
like, five years - IC is way more than just a shopping cart, it's a web
application framework.

I plan on doing some AJAX stuff with it soon, anyone done any with IC
yet?

Jeff

PS - whoever wrote the value-extended tag is a god.