[ic] Automatic login with cookies

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Wed Mar 9 12:31:37 EST 2005

On Mar 9, 2005, at 11:16 AM, Davor Ocelic wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:58:38 -0600
> Joshua Lavin <joshua at kingdomdesign.com> wrote:
>
>> On our website (running IC 5.2), we have the CookieLogin set to Yes,
>> so
>> when a returning customer views the login page, their username and
>> password is filled in for them.
>>
>> However, the next step of logging them in automatically is not taken.
>> They still have to press "Log In".
>
> CookieLogin would handle this (login automatically), if you set it
> up properly. From last time I worked with it, I remember it was
> very fragile and broke easily.
>
> My guess here would be that your cookie login is not working at all,
> and the username/password appear in the boxes because the browser
> saved them.

No, I believe it is working properly in its current state (default
behavior). I am not having the browser save passwords; I am retrieving
them from the cookies using the default code in login.html.

There was a message about this lack of auto login back in June 2004,
which was not resolved. It appears that CookieLogin is simply letting
the cookies spit out the username and password. Correct me if I am
mistaken.

--
Josh Lavin
Kingdom Design   http://www.kingdomdesign.com/