[ic] Times_Ordered and Best Sellers

Andrew Rich andrew at mapsdownunder.com.au
Wed Mar 9 18:12:56 EST 2005

> > I would still like to know what this line does.
> >
> > my $start = tag_data( qw/__UI_META_TABLE__ lookup_exclude orderline/
);

> It's a Perl call to:
>   tag_data("__UI_META_TABLE__", "lookup_exclude", "orderline");
>
> Or in ITL:
>   [data __UI_META_TABLE__ lookup_exclude orderline]
>

> Basically as I can see from the code, it retrieves a value of
> lookup_exclude field from the mv_metadata table, using "orderline"
> as key.
>
> That value is a number apparently, and the code uses is to discard
> all entries from the orderline table which have order_number smaller
> than that value.
>
> Hope it clarifies,

Yes that helps a lot.  I am a long way off knowing how this all works.

I am still not sure how to set the lookup_exclude for the orderline but
will look further into that.

In the meantime I have modified my query to work off "order_date >=
curdate() - 30" to give approx last 30 days.

Thank you
Andrew Rich