[ic] issue with using Text::Query in RPC mode

Ron Phipps rphipps at reliant-solutions.com
Thu Mar 10 23:00:47 EST 2005

Hello,

	On one of our sites we use the column op 'aq' to do a text
search using Text::Query.  We noticed that when the server is in RPC
mode that the search is very unreliable and we see this in the error
log:

store /search.html search error: Limit subroutine creation: Bad code:
syntax error at (eval 397) line 8, near "] aqbax5251 "

If we restart the server the search works again for a couple refreshes
and then we see the problem again.  If we start the server in high
traffic mode the search works reliably.

The server is running IC 5.0.0, perl 5.8.1 (nonthreaded), MySQL 3.23.58.
We are starting IC with PERL_SIGNALS=unsafe.

Any ideas?  This problem is reproducible, so we can test different
scenarios if need be.

Thanks,
-Ron