[ic] QuickBooks and IIF files

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Fri Mar 11 23:22:32 EST 2005

On Mar 11, 2005, at 4:30 PM, Daniel Browning wrote:

>> Has anyone looked into rewriting the IC export to use QuickBooks SDK?
>
> I have looked into it a little bit.  It seems the principle limitation
> is that
> they require a windows application to do the sync.  I was thinking of
> something
> like:
>
> Interchange <-> Internet <-> Windows App <-> QuickBooks
>
> There doesn't need to be anything Interchange-specific about the
> module either,
> so it could be put on CPAN.

The folks at www.qodbc.com got back to me:
----
Josh,
You can create your own templates but we really don't have any
documentation on doing this. We have had some developers reverse
engineer the templates to see how they were built and then they took it
  from there. You might even gain more insight by some of the templates
that are stored in the template backup folder.
----

Their product, QDashboard, could function as the "Windows App". It's
not free, but it uses the SDK, and they have a 30-day demo. I think I
will try it out.

--
Josh Lavin
Kingdom Design   http://www.kingdomdesign.com/