[ic] exporting all tables for backup

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Sun Mar 13 14:53:20 EST 2005

Grant wrote:
> Is there a better way than this to export all tables so their data can
> be backed up with the rest of the catalog:
>
> [loop list="products userdb etc"]
>         [export table="[loop-code]"]
> [/loop]
>
> - Grant

Grant,

Are we talking a manual or automated backup? If you're doing manual
backups of your interchange data tables then MySQL Administrator works
wonderful for this; puts everything including the SQL needed for restore
along with all the data into on handy file that takes seconds to restore.

If you're talking about an automated process you may want to take a look
at assigning this duty to a perl program that will accomplish basically
the same thing; a PERL program connected to a cron job.

The program should neatly dump, ( and I hate using that word ) the table
definitions, data and necessary SQL into a file that can be used for
restoration.

--
Mark