[ic] empty cart ???

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Mon Mar 14 18:44:56 EST 2005

service [service at nasaut.com] wrote:
> i know that after transaction the order info is sended to database and
> the cart is emptied. can please someone point me where that happens in
> the code , i would like to unmodify that option and keep the order
> informations.

Look in "lib/Vend/Dispatch.pm" for the following lines:

    # Remove the items
    @$Vend::Items = ();

In 5.3 (latest CVS), you will find them starting at line 524.
In 5.2 they start at line 527.  My copy of the source might vary
from yours, but the lines are easy enough to find.

Rather than modify the core, it would probably be better to use the
order number to look up the information saved in the transactions and
orderline tables.

Another method could be to save the cart contents in the userdb (or
perhaps in a scratch variable in the user's session) and retrieve it
immediately after the order has been processed.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz