[ic] exporting all tables for backup

Jeff jeff at badtz-maru.com
Wed Mar 16 11:45:07 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 08:08:14AM -0800, Grant wrote:

> I can set up an IC job in the crontab to run that ITL script right
> before the tar command.  Alternatively, a mysqldump command run right
> before the tar command would work.

I'd recommend using the mysqldump.  It's quicker to restore your
catalog, if need be.  Otherwise you will have the issue where, after
catastrophic failure, you restore your catalog dir but IC won't load the
catalog because your backed-up catalog config is telling IC that the
products table is in your SQL database, which it isn't because you
intended to restore that from the text database.

Jeff