[ic] conflicting discounts

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Wed Mar 16 12:16:09 EST 2005

Hi All,

I've got a client, that when I first setup interchange for them they
wanted an across the board discount. So, I set this up for them; it
affects every item in inventory. Now, they've discovered that this
discount rate when applied to a few certain products is a "bad" thing
and want to excempt this particular product from the global discount
rate, and apply a lesser discount to only these items.

My method for applying the global discount is thus:
PriceField      0
#AutoModifier   pricing:price_group
CommonAdjust    products:price, -50%, pricing:q2,q10,q25,q50,q100,
;products        :price, ;$

What would be the best solution for applying a 20% discount to the items
that they're wanting excluded from the global discount?

The first thing that came to mind was placing a block of code on the
flypage and shopping cart that actually looks for specific items numbers
and when finding them checks the retail price and then applies the new
discount accordingly. Would this be the best course of action or is
there another way I should consider?

thanks,

--
Mark