[ic] Opening/including remote URLs

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Wed Mar 23 09:29:52 EST 2005

On 03/23/05 05:45, Peter Nikolaidis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a simple way to include remote URLs in ITL?  I've tried using
> include, open, and a GET statement inside a perl tag, but am not having
> any luck.  I have a standard header that existing on another web server
> which I want to include.  Something like:
>
> [include http://some_remote_url]
>
> IC stuff goes here
>
> [include http://some_other_remote_url]

You can't do that with the include tag.  You can write your own usertag
if you want that fetches the page with the LWP perl module and then
returns it inside the tag.  See "man LWP" for more info on the LWP module.

I hope you're not planning to do this a lot, it's a lot of overhead to
both servers to do it.

If you want the user's browser to fetch and include the page from the
other web server without having to involve the IC server in the
transaction then your best bet is to use an IFRAME
<http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/present/frames.html#h-16.5>.

Peter