[ic] Apache & Rewrite trouble

David Bordas bordas at testadaz.com
Sun May 8 06:24:29 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm using IC (5.2.0) with quite succes for the moment.

Now, i'm trying to use mod_rewrite to have shorter urls.

I've found this :
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/docs/frames/icfaq_76.html
and this :
http://www.btsonline.co.uk/articles.php?a=read&aid=41

But thoses exemples seem not to be fully working for me :(

The best result I can have is with this code :
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^$  /cgi-bin/mic/index.html            [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/$ /cgi-bin/mic/index.html            [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/index\.html$ /cgi-bin/mic/index.html [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/mic/.* -                     [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/.*images/.* -                        [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/css/.* -                             [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/interchange-5/.* -                   [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/(.*) /cgi-bin/mic/$1                 [PT,L]

And modify variables.txt to change CGI_URL from "/cgi-bin/mic" to ""

This seems to work quite well for the store, but admin becomes quite
buggy :(
Exemple :
Go to http://www.testadev.com/admin/customer.html
check a line and push "delete checked customers" and I will get :
 The following error occurred:

    Not authorized for customer administration. Contact administrator?

But if I remove rewrite rules, all is working fine.

Any idea ?
Perhaps should I use better rules ?

Thanks in advance.
David