[ic] SECURE_SERVER options

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed May 11 11:38:10 EDT 2005

Quoting Daniel Davenport (ddavenport at newagedigital.com):
> > Second question,
> > i assume that to use MYSQL_TRANSACTIONS=1 the mysql DB must use INNODB
> > tables?  how has the luck been with INNODB and interchange performace as
> > well as how much does interchange suport transactions?
>
> I don't use innodb, so i wouldn't be too helpful in that regard.
> For reference, though, BDB tables can also do transactions.  I haven't tested them performance-wise; i'm just telling what i know.  :)

For most sites, the performance doesn't matter, since the only tables
that are put in transaction mode are userdb, orderline, and transactions
at order time. Even on a busy site that takes hundreds of orders an
hour, the overall impact is small.

--
Mike Heins

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon