[ic] Problem installing ic 5.2 on CentOS v 4.0o

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Fri May 27 03:46:52 EDT 2005

On 05/26/2005 11:31 PM, Ulf Holt wrote:
> I have been trying to install Interchange on CentOS version 4.0 - but so
> far with no luck. I have done the following:
>
> 1)	Installed CentOS
> 2)	Downloaded Perl from www.perl.org to /usr/src
> 3)	Compiled and installed Perl
> 	a.	# cd /usr/src
> 	b.	# gunzip stable.tar.gz
> 	c.	# tar xvf stable.tar
> 	d.	# cd perl-5.8.6
> 	e.	# ./Configure -d
> 	f.	# make
> 	g.	# make test
> 	h.	# make install
> 4)	Make ready for installing Interchange:
> 	a.	perl -MCPAN -e'install Bundle::CPAN'
> 	b.	perl -MCPAN -e'install URI' (Thanks to Davor Ocelic -
> who answered my previous entry with no subject)
>
> This gives me following error:
> Can't locate object method "install" via package "URI" at -e line 1.
>
> I have tried the next step (in the documentation from icdevgroup)
>
> c.	perl -MCPAN -e'install Bundle::Interchange'
>
> But this gives me a lot of errors - most of them says something about
> Can't locate URI.pm in @INC.

You're installing these modules to the wrong perl.  Try these steps:

/usr/local/bin/perl -MCPAN -eshell

Follow the prompts and set up the CPAN module.

Once you have the CPAN prompt type the following:

install Bundle::CPAN

...wait for it to complete, allow it to install any needed dependancies...

install Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink

...again, wait for it to complete and install any needed dependancies
when it prompts you...

If you're planning on using an SQL database you'll need to install the
appropriate module for that as well...

install DBD::Pg (for postgresql)
install DBD::mysql (for mysql)

...or the appropriate module for whatever other database you're using.

Then when you install the interchange rpm file rpm may still complain
about missing those dependancies.  Unfortunately that's because RPM is
broken on centos 4 and it doesn't check perl modules properly.  What you
will need to do is verify that each module that it is complaining about
has been installed (make absolutely ceartain of this) then proceed to
install the rpm with the --nodeps switch.

Peter

(knows all this because he just finished doing an install on centos 4
himself)