[ic] Problems installing ic 5.2 on CentOS 4.0

Ulf Holt ulfh at it-visjon.no
Fri May 27 09:59:39 EDT 2005

On 05/26/2005 11:31 PM, Ulf Holt wrote:
>> I have been trying to install Interchange on CentOS version 4.0 - but
so
>> far with no luck. I have done the following:
>>
>> 1)	Installed CentOS
>> 2)	Downloaded Perl from www.perl.org to /usr/src
>> 3)	Compiled and installed Perl
>> 	a.	# cd /usr/src
>> 	b.	# gunzip stable.tar.gz
>> 	c.	# tar xvf stable.tar
>> 	d.	# cd perl-5.8.6
>> 	e.	# ./Configure -d
>> 	f.	# make
>> 	g.	# make test
>> 	h.	# make install
>> 4)	Make ready for installing Interchange:
>> 	a.	perl -MCPAN -e'install Bundle::CPAN'
>> 	b.	perl -MCPAN -e'install URI' (Thanks to Davor Ocelic -
>> who answered my previous entry with no subject)
>>
>> This gives me following error:
>> Can't locate object method "install" via package "URI" at -e line 1.
>>
>> I have tried the next step (in the documentation from icdevgroup)
>>
>> c.	perl -MCPAN -e'install Bundle::Interchange'
>>
>> But this gives me a lot of errors - most of them says something about
>> Can't locate URI.pm in @INC.

>You're installing these modules to the wrong perl.  Try these steps:

>/usr/local/bin/perl -MCPAN -eshell

>Follow the prompts and set up the CPAN module.

>Once you have the CPAN prompt type the following:

>install Bundle::CPAN

>...wait for it to complete, allow it to install any needed
dependancies...

>install Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink

>...again, wait for it to complete and install any needed dependancies
>when it prompts you...

>If you're planning on using an SQL database you'll need to install the
>appropriate module for that as well...

>install DBD::Pg (for postgresql)
>install DBD::mysql (for mysql)

>...or the appropriate module for whatever other database you're using.

>Then when you install the interchange rpm file rpm may still complain
>about missing those dependancies.  Unfortunately that's because RPM is
>broken on centos 4 and it doesn't check perl modules properly.  What
you
>will need to do is verify that each module that it is complaining about

>has been installed (make absolutely ceartain of this) then proceed to
>install the rpm with the --nodeps switch.

>Peter

>(knows all this because he just finished doing an install on centos 4
>himself)

Thanks a lot Peter. I have now installed Interchange - (tried which perl
- and the answer was /usr/local/bin) but even if I can start interchange
with no problem I can not open the foundation demo. Get an errormessage
telling me that the service is not running. # service interchange status
tells me that service is up

Cheers

Ulf

IT-visjon tar sikkerhet alvorlig.

This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft
Exchange.