[ic] Printer friendly pages ala content_editor help

Sam Batschelet sam at westbranchresort.com
Tue Nov 1 08:41:40 EST 2005

On 10/29/2005 08:23 AM, Sam Batschelet wrote:
>  My question is how can I hard
> code this so that content editor adds the code for each new page.

> so
>
> @_LEFTONLY_TOP_@
>
> Would become
>
> [if cgi pdf]
> @_LEFTONLY_PRINTFRIENDLY_TOP_@
> [else]
> @_LEFTONLY_TOP_@
> [/else]
> [/if]
On 10/29/2005 11:23 AM, Peter wrote:
Why not just put all the code in the LEFTONLY_TOP template?  Ie inside
LEFTONLY_TOP you would have:

-Peter

It seems logical and was my initial approach but something to do with
the order in which the code is processed seemed to be throwing it off.
What I found is if you place the code [if cgi pdf] [create-pdf] [/if] at
the bottom of the MYTEMPLATE_TOP that the content wouldn't be processed
even though it was after [component group=content] wonder why.  Adding
it to the MYTEMPLATE_BOTTOM fixed everything creating a complete pdf.

Side Note: I can see that messing with content_editor would be a bad
idea as it appears to be quite complex.

Thanks -Sam