[ic] can only change first item in shopping cart

N.E.S.T. Solutions nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Wed Nov 2 11:40:20 EST 2005

> > I have an Interchange 5.2 system which uses the foundation
> code almost
> > entirely.  When a user puts something in the shopping cart,
> only the
> > first item can be deleted or the number of items
> changed/recalcuted.
> > I copied over basket.html from a 5.3.1 release and that
> didn't do the
> > trick.  The demo on icdevgroup.org seems to work fine.
> >
> > Have others had this problem?  Can anyone point me to
> particular code
> > that is the problem/will fix the problem?  I'd love not to
> scrap all
> > of our code just to fix this problem.
> >
> I suspect that all of the rows on your cart page share the
> same quantity input field name;  They're probably all named
> "quantity", instead of "quantity0" and "quantity1" etc.  Edit
> your cart code to change use <input name="[quantity-name]"
> ...> for your quantity text field (and checkbox, if present).
>
> Secondly, it's probably no good copying the basket.html to
> fix this, as later Foundation/Standard demos make use of
> component files.  Your basket.html page probably makes use of
> the "templates/components/cart" component, so that's the file
> you'd want to copy.
>
> --
>    _/   _/  _/_/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/  _/    _/
>   _/_/_/   _/_/      _/    _/    _/    _/_/  _/   K e v i n
> W a l s h
>  _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz
> _/   _/  _/_/_/_/      _/    _/_/_/  _/    _/

The source of my cart page showed quantity0 name for all items. It is
in fact spelled as is in the name fields of the cart display component
in IC 5.2.

I just tried Kevin's solutions, replacing the "quantity0" with
"[quantity-name]"
and it worked like a charm. It does have to be changed for both the
checkbox
input name and for the quantity input field name.

I wonder though, will it have to be changed in checkout... I haven't
checked yet

Thanks Kevin!

Martin H.