[ic] Items Options update in Admin UI fails silently

Hillary Corney zen71001 at zen.co.uk
Wed Nov 2 12:44:05 EST 2005

Hi all,

Debian Woody non-threaded perl

When I upgraded from 4.8 to 5.2 I lost all the options in the product
Items list even the options column disappeared.

Tying to recover the situation is proving very frustrating :-(

I have searched the FAQ's and this list without finding any useful
info except that I was using the Admin UI as intended.

The options TAB brings up a menu which has radio buttons for

None
Matrix
old 4.8 options
simple

Update

selecting any of these buttons and clicking update has no effect the
form blinks and reappears with the same radio buttons with "None"
selected

There are no errors in any of the the logs at all,

The only thing that has happened is the options column has appeared
in the items list with every option for every item set at none and
clicking it brings you back to the failing options update page.

Can anyone suggest what I should look for as I cannot see where the
problem lies.

Thanks

Hillary