[ic] Filter tag acts different in store vs Test code

Paul Jordan jordan at gishnetwork.com
Wed Nov 2 21:57:43 EST 2005

interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org wrote:
> Paul Jordan [paul at gishnetwork.com] wrote:
>> Why when running this
>>
>> 	[filter op="decode_entities 12.
> encode_entities"]<script> [{Hi}]
>> </script> [/filter]
>>
>> in the Demo Admin "Test code" I get source as expected:
>>
>> 	&lt;script&gt; &#91;{H...
>>
>> However when running that same code in the Demo standard store I get:
>>
>> 	<script> [{H...
>>
>> Upon a View Source.
>>
> Do you have any error.log messages that look something
> similar to the following?
>
>     Unknown filter 'encode_entities'
>
> If so then check Interchange's code/Filter directory to see
> if there's an "encode_entities.filter" file.  If the file is
> present then check its permissions and make sure it's not empty etc.
>
> The above only applies to Interchange 5.3;  In Interchange
> 5.2, that filter is coded into the Vend::Interpolate module,
> rather than loaded from a Filter file.

Hi Kevin,

Yes, I am on 5.3 actually and both encode and decode entities are there and
the perms are fine. No log output.

The question sent to the list was simplified because I wanted to check out
the issue on the icdevgroups demo site. Those two above instances were on
the demo admin and demo store.

 Paul Jordan

Gish Network
  Tel 626 285 7609