[ic] mod_interchange and Apache MaxClients

Ron Phipps rphipps at reliant-solutions.com
Thu Nov 17 11:27:19 EST 2005

[mailto:interchange-users-
> bounces at icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of Steve
> Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 6:28 AM
>

> > I am using a 5.3.0 nightly build from August 2004, but as far as I
can
> > remember have always had this problem with previous builds as well.

Server

> It would be interesting to compare server set-up information.
> I have never experienced this problem in my setup. IC 4.8.6 flavor
(with a
> few minor upgrades) & Redhat 7.x, and site has been up about 3 years
now.
> The only lockups I have experienced is running one of the admin
reports
> for
> traffic. I assume it has so much history that it take IC forever to
parse
> it
> all, and it shuts down all traffic. This does force an IC restart.
>
> Steve Graham

We are on Redhat 8.x and IC 4.8.x.  Our site has been up for 3.5 years
on this same hardware and have really only had 2 raid drives go out the
entire time it's been up.  We started using mod_interchange about a year
ago and the site has been solid, up until about 1 week ago when this
behavior started.

The only common thread I have seen so far is:

Apache 1.3.x, mod_interchange 1.32 and 1.33, Perl 5.6.x, and RPC traffic
mode.

We've verified it happens in virtual servers, different flavors of
Redhat, different major versions of Interchange and different major
versions of Mysql.

Thanks,
-Ron