[ic] mod_interchange and Apache MaxClients

Ron Phipps rphipps at reliant-solutions.com
Thu Nov 17 13:14:01 EST 2005

[mailto:interchange-users-
> bounces at icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of jeff at hisgirlfridays.com
> Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 9:52 AM
>
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 02:09:35PM -0000, John1 wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the extra insight.  Are you clear as to whether it is the
> > Interchange service that has stopped responding or mod_interchange
that
> is
> > failing to communicate with the Interchange service?
>
> Since I only restart apache and never IC, IC must be OK at this point.
>
> Jeff

Jeff,

Can you try the following from Kevin:

"You could set up a cgi-bin executable on a "testing" subdomain, along
with a "/cgi-bin/foo" alias on the end of your Catalog line.  if/when
Interchange stops responding, try sending requests through the CGI. If
the requests fail there as well then the finger points at Interchange,
otherwise it would look more like a mod_interchange (or Apache module
API) issue."

-Ron