[ic] 4.8-5.2 upgrade issue with options

designersilversmiths hillary at designersilversmiths.com
Thu Nov 17 18:23:35 EST 2005

On 7 Nov 2005, at 3:34 pm, Daniel E. Fisher wrote:

> I upgraded a RH 7.2 box with Interchange 4.8 to a Fedora Core 4
> Interchange 5.2.
>
> The site has 1 issue.
>
> The products display correctly but when it decides to show the
> extra options,
>
> IE: Check this box to buy 1 and get 1 free, or People also bought this
>
> the html coding in the options is not showing correctly when you
> have the "check box" or the "options circle" to also get an item.
>
> Did they remove html coding from the options?
> Or is this some sort of improperly merged meta data?
> -Dan

Hi Dan I was pointed at http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/
interchange/dist/lib/UI/pages/admin/item_option_old.html?
r1=2.1#rev2.1 by Gert on this list (Thanks Girt) where it is clear
that many changes have been made to options.

Unfortunately I am still having some difficulty deciphering the
instructions and the code. The CVS notes are written from the
perspective of someone who is really familiar with interchange and
unfortunately I only start looking at code when it breaks. The last
time was quite a while ago and I am yet to succeed in re-enabling
options after upgrading from 4.8 to 5.2.

If you understand the above and succeed in getting options working or
if there is anyone on the list who feels like giving me a blow by
blow example of how to get options going again after upgrading to 5.2
I would be very grateful.

Cheers all and thanks in advance.

Hillary