[ic] mod_interchange and Apache MaxClients

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Tue Nov 22 15:21:20 EST 2005

> Last night the website stopped responding at 03:55 in the morning when there
> was hardly any traffic to the website.  Ron's script successfully restarted
> Apache and Interchange and here is the output from the Alert e-mail:
>
> ############
> Server process count and connections count before restarting Apache &
> Interchange.
>
> Sun Nov 20 03:55:31 GMT 2005
>
> 16 connections to Apache port 80
> 0 connections to Apache port 443
> 24 Apache processes
> 7 IC processes
> 35 MySQL processes
[snip]

I am seeing a similar problem, but I do not use mod_interchange, just a
standard tarball install on CentOS 4.2

Now and then my CPU load goes sky high and the server does not respond
until the load comes back down to earth, usually 5-10 minutes later.

Can someone repost this "restart script" or at least point me to a link
that shows it? I'd like to give it a try.

Thanks!

DB