[ic] ProductFiles entry in locale.txt

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sat Oct 1 09:26:04 EDT 2005

Quoting Zambra (michael at zambra.com):
> Mike Heins escribi?:
> >Actually, this is a case of a directive being set based on locale.
> >You can do:
> >
> >	Locale de_DE ProductFiles  "produkte varianten"
> >	Locale fr_FR ProductFiles  "produits variantes"
> >
> >to get different product tables based on locale.
> >
> >To some extent this has been obsoleted by Stefan's excellent
> >Vend::Table::Shadow setup, which allows you to shadow certain
> >fields based on locale. That is what we tend to use nowadays.
> >

> thanks so much for the explanation. This is a feature (locale based
> product tables) that I'm certain to make use of (my store project is
> multilingual).

The following directives can be set on a per-locale basis:

    AutoEnd
    AutoModifier
    Autoload
    CategoryField
    CommonAdjust
    DescriptionField
    HTMLsuffix
    ImageDir
    ImageDirSecure
    Levies
    PageDir
    PriceCommas
    PriceDefault
    PriceDivide
    PriceField
    ProductFiles
    SalesTax
    SpecialPageDir
    TaxInclusive
    TaxShipping
    UseModifier

This allows you to change a good deal of the catalog's behavior based
on locale.

--
Mike Heins

If you like what you're gettin', keep doin' what you're doin'. -- Hector