[ic] How to get shipping to work for on-the-fly items?

Bryan Gmyrek bryangmyrek at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 19:56:37 EDT 2005

> I'm setting up on-the-fly items as specified in:
 > http://www.icdevgroup.org/interchange-doc-5.2.0/frames/ic_ecommerce_frames.html
> With code like:
         [area form='
         mv_todo=refresh
         mv_order_item=liIMC4788_custom
         mv_order_fly=description=custom information|price=560.14|weight=20
         ']"
         >Add  Item to Your Cart </a>

> This works well until I get to the shipping page.  I get the error 'Nothing to Ship! Nothing to
> Ship!'
> Apparently the weight doesn't get set even though I put weight=20 above?
> Does anyone know how to get shipping to work for on the fly items?

Still having trouble with on the fly weight / shipping.

 I was looking at the docs for the [weight] tag and found
 AutoModifier weight
 But using the [weight] tag in the cart with on-the-fly items that _do_ have a weight set (i.e. [item-field weight] shows a non-zero value) [weight] shows 0.

 So since shipping by weight is broken for on-the-fly items and I can't figure out how to get that to work I'm trying another tack.
 Is it possible to set the shipping for individual on-the-fly items?
 This might actually be better for me because I figured out how to include the length, width, height in the shipping calculation for ups and the items I'm trying to calculate shipping for can be quite large (custom framed posters), which really affects shipping more than their weight.
 I tried passing a parameter 'shipping' in the url when adding the on the fly item but this shot in the dark didn't work not surprisingly.

 Any suggestions appreciated greatly (it would help me feel less like I'm talking to myself too ;) ).

 Best,
 Bryan

 http://www.neartexpress.com/
 Posters, Art Prints and Custom Framing