[ic] Extension for Vend::Interpolate::mime ?

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Oct 13 10:41:46 EDT 2005

Quoting Lars Tode (lars.tode at bpanet.de):
> Hi list and developers.
>
> Following situation:
> There is a formular which should be send per mail to the shop owner.
> The user should be able to add an attachment (word, pdf ... whatever) to
> this email.
[snip]
> And insert the variable in the mime header

> > $text
>
> If there is use of this modification?

Dear Lars,

I have added this to CVS, though I changed transferencoding to
transfer-encoding and did some of my usual messing with the
code. Thanks for the mod.

> If someone really knows a better solution, please send me an email.

A better solution would be to produce a [mime ...] tag that is just like
the new [email ...] tag but does not actually send the message. The [tag
mime ...] stuff is very old and I wrote it back when "intermediate" was
a kind description of my programming ability. 8-)

Actually, it looks like someone added a "test" option which returns
the complete body. Try this if you have a later nightly build:

	[email test=1
		from=Me
		to=You
		subject="The Subject"
		attach=`{
			type => 'text/plain',
			data => 'Some text',
		}`
	]Testing[/email]
Best,
Mike

--
Mike Heins

Making the simple complex, that is easy -- anyone can do that.
But to make the complex simple, awesomely simple, that is
true creativity.  -- Charles Mingus