[ic] never ending IC process

Ron Phipps rphipps at reliant-solutions.com
Fri Oct 14 15:14:34 EDT 2005

Hello,

I've been seeing something weird on a site we built, an interchange
process is running for a long time and eating up processor and memory,
here is a capture from top:

  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME CPU
COMMAND
30930 ic50      15   0 36476  35M  2232 R    98.1  2.3 103:59   0
interchange

As you can see it's taking a lot of CPU time and eating up a lot of the
available CPU.  If we let it run long enough the site will no longer
respond and an Internal error is presented in a web browser.

Is there a way to see what IC is doing?  Perhaps some debugging
statements in key places will let us know what IC is doing and why it's
taking so much CPU?  This state happens even after a restart and is
pretty sporadic how long after a restart it occurs.

Thanks for the help,
-Ron