[ic] Templating in 5.3.1

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Oct 18 11:17:20 EDT 2005

Quoting Andreas Grau (agrau at esquat.com):

> Mike Heins wrote:
> >The reason we went to this model is that it was too limiting to require
> >things be done in order. It is awful nice to do stuff like
> >
> >	[set page_title][item-description][/set]
> >	[tmp keywords][item-param keywords][/tmp]
> >
> >in the middle of the page and have it show up in the <head> of the
> >document.
> >

> Aah, I am starting to see the light !
>
> One, hopefully final, question: Is it the {{:DEFAULT}} that induces the
> contents of pages/index.html into include/layout/leftright, or which
> other mechanism tells IC where to put the page contents ?

That is done in LEFTRIGHT_BOTTOM, where the call to unpack is:

[unpack]
[include file="include/layout/[either][scratch display_class][or]leftright[/either]"]
[/unpack]

You might also note that you can change which include/layout/ file is
used by:

	[set display_class]leftonly[/set]

We use this for "print" links:

	[set display_class]printer_friendly[/set]

> If I understand right, the final [output name=""] from LEFTRIGHT_TOP
> makes the  page contents into the default area ?

Yes. If you instead put [output name=page_content] there, then you would
user {{PAGE_CONTENT}} instead of {{:DEFAULT}}.

--
Mike Heins

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown