[ic] New installation of 5.2 won't start

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Oct 24 18:38:11 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 22:56 -0400, ... wrote:

> [...]

Yep. It was permissions issues. Trying to setup a hosting version and
ran into all sorts of little snaglets.

The catalog directory needs to be RW for the interchange user and all of
the contained directories as well. I had started the apache compile
process for suexec docroot in /home but not installed the final version.

Also I found the the next glitch was the process would start, load up
the starting database OK. But the admin access (and customer as well)
would just hang and finally time out. That was due to permissions issues
on the socket files. These are in <interchange home>/etc  and called
socket and socket.ipc . Both of these were originally constructed as 700
but need to be 770 $ICUSER:$ICUSER. And the virtual hosting catalog
owner needs to be in the $ICUSER group (on Fedora).

Sadly, the error.log files for the main IC, the user IC, apache, and
everything else were really slim on info. I set the debug on in
interchange.cfg and got another error when the $ICUSER had no write
perms in the user catalog space! The debug info was not helpful at that
point as it only repeated the existing error messages.