[ic] violation of our trademark at your site - Please Respond

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Fri Oct 28 15:07:00 EDT 2005

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Edward Conlin & Associates wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> In re:
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2005-September/043840.html
>
> Representing the trademark owner of the name "Stock
> Maven" I am first writing to request that you stop
> using the name and consider using an alternative that
> would be satisfactory to both yourself and to the
> trademark owner of "Stock Maven".
>
> The owner of the name "Stock Maven" wants all older web
> pages you have to also reflect the new name change you
> make or to be taken off the internet.
>
> I am hopeful that this can be resolved in a mutually
> pleasant matter.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest
> convenience.
>
> Warm regards,
> Edward Conlin

This is quite funny. An attorney is contacting a mailing list about an
archived SPAM letter that was delivered to the mailing list. I had a good
chuckle about the absurdity of the situation when I read the link that was
contained.

First, why not contact the original author of the E-mail in question which
appears to be "blaine at macrae.com"? Certainly the author is culpable for
misuse of the trademark.

Second, if "Stock Maven" is trademarked, then certainly "stock Maven",
which is NOT capitalized would fall under a different trademark?

Ohh.. wait.. I can't really continue this.. I'm laughing too hard to
type...

Mr. Conlin.. good luck with your crusade, and please keep us all informed
as to the progress that you achieve. You might also consider suing
everyone in Goole that returns a hit for the term "Stock Maven", as well
as Google itself.

                             KP-216-121-ST