[ic] Choosing hardware

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Wed Sep 7 12:43:37 EDT 2005

Hi - I'm running a somewhat busy site with 400,000 skus using IC 5.2 and
mysql on Centos 4.1 on a dual Xeon box. From time to time the cpu load
goes rather high causing the site to slow. These periods of high load
seem to correspond to spider sessions.

I'm considering bringing a second box online and I'm trying to decide on
the best approach. Either some type of load balancing such as ha-linux,
or maybe just moving the mysql to one box leaving IC and apache on the
other.

Does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to proceed? Finding out
exactly what's happening during these high cpu load spikes seems like a
logical first step. Any other advice?

DB