[ic] Session Database - Moving from files to SQL

Sandy Thomson sandy at scotwebshops.com
Mon Sep 26 06:18:21 EDT 2005

Hi there,
I help run a fairly busy interchange store, and was looking for ways to
boost performance of the site (We are almost at the stage of maxing out
a dual xeon server).
After browsing the RTFM site for a while I came across the following
sections:
3.80 SessionDatabase
3.81 SessionDB

In 3.80 it states you can configure interchange to use flat file or
db/gdbm files for sessions, and 3.81 states you can use a separate
database for interchange sessions, but that is not recommended?

Has anyone managed to use DBI for interchange sessions? Does anyone know
the schema to use? Is it worth doing?

Thanks.

Sandy.

<http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/docs/frames/icconfig_155.html>