[ic] Any problems with this small hunk of code?

Spencer Christensen schristensen at backcountry.com
Thu Sep 29 10:42:45 EDT 2005

Brian J. Miller wrote:
> DB wrote:
>
>>The following code seems to work ok within a loop on a page I named
>>items_list.html, the goal being to add a part to the cart and return to
>>the same page. I'm just wondering if there are any glaring problems with
>>doing things this way. Any thoughts welcome.
>>
>>    <form action="[process-target]" method="POST">
>>    <input type="hidden" name="mv_session_id" value="[data session id]">
>>    <input type="hidden" name="mv_todo" value="refresh">
>>    <input type="hidden" name="mv_nextpage" value="ites_list">
>

> I am assuming the above should read "items_list" instead of "ites_list"
> based on the name in your text. An easy way to avoid this issue if you
> are going to submit back to the same page is to use an IC "built-in"
> variable.
>
> <input type="hidden" name="mv_nextpage" value="@@MV_PAGE@@">
>
> Should give you the same thing and is more portable.

Hello DB,
   Besides what Brian mentioned, I would say that this method is fine.
One thing that crosses my mind is your quantities.  Is there a reason
for hard coding the quantities to 1?  Are you restricting customers from
ordering more than one of the same item?  If so, then you will need to
stop them from adding the same item to their cart more than once.  They
  add it to their cart, the page refreshes, and then they click on the
item again.  Something to think about.  But if this isn't a problem,
then don't worry about it.

Spencer Christensen
Web Engineer
(801)746-7580  x101