[ic] Bulk decrypt table full of card numbers?

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Apr 6 09:46:47 EDT 2006

Quoting Music (music at labyrinth.net.au):
> We have a requirement where credit card orders are to be taken and stored
> in a table.
>
> At weekly intervals the table containing the card numbers and order totals
> will be downloaded and then entered as a csv file into a payment processing
> system.
>
> We obviously have to encrypt the credit card details while they reside on
> the server.
>
> I would prefer to use the default Interchange GnuPG set up and then write
> the orders and encrypted card details into mysql or text file table.
>
> The payment processing system however requires plain text card numbers
> within the csv file.
>
> What I can't figure out how to do is decrypt a text file table full of
> GnuPG encrypted card numbers in one sweep (once they are downloaded to a
> local machine)
>
> How would you do this?

There is an example script in the Quickbooks extension, designed to
work with .iif files.

You just put the encrypted mv_credit_card_info in line (ignoring the
effect of newlines) and run that script to download.

If you are a programmer you should be able to take it from there -- if
not a competetent consultant should be able to do it for you.

--
Mike Heins

"Laughter is inner jogging." -- Norman Cousins