[ic] cannot create account on public side

Stuart Lowe stuart at stuartlowe.com
Thu Apr 27 09:52:01 EDT 2006

Hi Folks.

I've installed interchange on my Fedora Core server, and I've set up the standard demo
using bin/makecat.  The only modifications I've done so far is to enable https, real time test payment,
and I've set CookieLogin to 'Off'.

I'm able to send orders using existing 'demo' users, but when I try to create a new account from
the user side, I get:

Cannot log in after new account creation: Invalid user name or password.

and in logs/userdb.log I see:

200604270929    pest    localhost3.localdomain  Denied attempted login with nonexistent user name 'pest'

I then tried to do an 'express checkout', I get:

 (Customer record creation): There was an error adding you to the customer table.
(table userdb): set_row error as called by Vend::Table::DBI: DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: null value in column "password" violates not-null constraint fields=username,inactive values='U00003',''''''

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stu.

--
Stuart Lowe | Toronto, CAN | key ID on keyserver | Skype stuart.lowe
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) GNU/Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 on i686 localhost3.localdomain