[ic] cannot create account on public side

Stuart Lowe stuart at stuartlowe.com
Thu Apr 27 14:01:44 EDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 05:17:55PM +0200, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> Stuart Lowe wrote:
> > Hi Folks.
> >
> > I've installed interchange on my Fedora Core server, and I've set up the standard demo
> > using bin/makecat.  The only modifications I've done so far is to enable https, real time test payment,
> > and I've set CookieLogin to 'Off'.
> >
> > I'm able to send orders using existing 'demo' users, but when I try to create a new account from
> > the user side, I get:
> >
> > Cannot log in after new account creation: Invalid user name or password.
> >
> > and in logs/userdb.log I see:
> >
> > 200604270929    pest    localhost3.localdomain  Denied attempted login with nonexistent user name 'pest'
> >
> > I then tried to do an 'express checkout', I get:
> >
> >  (Customer record creation): There was an error adding you to the customer table.
> > (table userdb): set_row error as called by Vend::Table::DBI: DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: null value in column "password" violates not-null constraint fields=username,inactive values='U00003',''''''
> >
> > Any ideas would be much appreciated.
>
> The default password is the zip code for auto-created user. Did you enter a zip code ?
>
> Bye
> 	Racke
Thanks for both of your responses..

Yes, in the case of attempting to create an account, I provide a password.  In the case of express checkout, I do provide
a zip code.  Seems strange that it comes back and says I'm trying to insert a null value into the password column...

Stu.

--
Stuart Lowe | Toronto, CAN | key ID on keyserver | Skype stuart.lowe
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) GNU/Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 on i686 localhost3.localdomain