[ic] auto-create failure (revisited)

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Aug 4 10:56:43 EDT 2006

Quoting Steve Graham (icdev at mrlock.com):
> Hello,
>
> Just had an International user try to place an order which used the
> autocreate userid and password, but it failed since the password was
> blank, ie no zip code.
>
> I was playing with the log_transaction program
>
>  [seti mv_autocreate]
>                         mv_username=[data session username]
>                         mv_password=[value zip]
>                 [/seti]
>
> I would like to do something like the following:
>
> [seti mv_autocreate]
>                         mv_username=[data session username]
>                         mv_password=[calc][value zip][value
> mv_transaction_id][/calc]
>                 [/seti]
>

> [value mv_transaction_id] is ignored.
>
> Any suggestions?

I have fallen down on this one -- I should have put this
fix in the demo a long time ago...

    [tmp auto_create]1[/tmp]
    [calcn]
        $Tag->tmp('tmp_pass');
        for(qw/ zip phone_day phone_night /) {
            my $pass = $Values->{$_};
            $pass =~ s/\s+//g;
            next if length($pass) < 4;
            $Scratch->{tmp_pass} = $pass;
        }

		my @lets = ('A' .. 'Z', '0 .. 9', 'a' .. 'z');
		$Scratch->{tmp_pass} .= $lets[ rand @lets ]
			while length($Scratch->{tmp_pass}) < 5;
        return;
    [/calcn]
    [if type=explicit compare=|
        [userdb
            function=new_account
                assign_username=1
                    password='[scratch tmp_pass]'
                        verify='[scratch tmp_pass]'
        ]
        |]
        [seti mv_autocreate]
            mv_username=[data session username]
            mv_password=[scratch tmp_pass]
        [/seti]
        Auto-created user [seti auto_username][data session username][/seti][scratch auto_username].
    [else]
    Auto-create of user failed.
    [perl] die errmsg("Auto-create of user failed."); [/perl]
    [/else]
    [/if]

--
Mike Heins

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown