[ic] session id's in url LOW PR

ic at 3edge.com ic at 3edge.com
Fri Aug 4 16:32:41 EDT 2006

Jon writes:

>> >Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 18:07:01 +0800
>> >From: Frank Reitzenstein <frank at goldissue.com>
>> >Subject: [ic] session id's in url LOW PR
>> >To: interchange-users at icdevgroup.org
>>
>> > Hello,
>>
>> > Thanks for the tremendous resonse to my previous article on search
>> > engine optimisation for interchange stores.
>>
>> > I thought I would add my recent study of 150 Interchange urls.
>>
>> > The purpose was to determine the effect of the session id on the
>> google
>> > pages rank.
>>
>> > Find out more ar http://www.goldissue.com
>>
>> > Regards,
>>
>> > Frank Reitzenstein.
>>
>> I have to ask. Short of the little perl script, how are you
>> "determining" page rank?
>> Also, it is my understanding that google (and others) tend to ignore
>> "id=" as it is a 'standard' variable in dynamic pages.
>>

> As I understand it.  Session id= is dynamic and therefore you would
> not want google or any other SE to grab an URL that includes
> a session id.  Having said that I thought IC removes the session ID for
> known SEs such as Googlebot, Slurp, msnbot, etc.
>
> Jon

I've been doing attempts to get PR for the following site, for about 4
months now:
http://www.allcarmodels.com/acm/index.html            - PR 4
http://www.allcarmodels.com/acm/index.html?id=XXXXXX  - PR 0

I still have moments when the URL has a id=XXXXX (first time you get on the
site the links have the id=XXXXX, lateron not anymore). Google has ranked
the page so far ... Still a lot of work to do.

But in the Google Toolbar Google is not ignoring the id=XXXXX part to show a
PR (at least not in my bar).

CU,

Gert