[ic] Import Data to Database

Frank Reitzenstein frank at goldissue.com
Mon Aug 7 06:35:10 EDT 2006

Gilberto Valentin wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I am have a price sheet from a company that is displayed/set within excel.
> I am trying to figure out what would be the best way to import this data
>into mysql database within interchange?
>

>Thanks,
>Tito

Gilberto,

Get yourself a copy of /products/products.txt and massage the data to
fit the same format.

In other words you create a products.txt similar to the one that is
there, but make it from their spreadsheet.

You can then either ftp that to the server and restart the server or use
admin which allows you to import spreadsheets in excel format or csv

If you break any rules you will have problems. We found that most
problems were caused by:

1 Duplicate skus
2 Blank lines (which count as duplicate skus)
3 Capitalization of column headers.
4 Tabs and carriage returns within text fields especially the "comment"
and especially in html.

Thats one reason that we created our Perl/Tk menu for windoze userz
because it sanitizes the tables,

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Frank Reitzenstein.