[ic] freebsd IC blank pages and premature end of script headers

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sat Aug 19 23:03:23 EDT 2006

On 08/19/2006 05:35 PM, Bill Beecham wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Using freebsd 5.5 and have interchange installed. No problems with perl,
> mysql, etc.

Which version of IC, perl, mysql?

type perl --version and tell me what the first line is in the output.

> However, when I go to my main page and click on enter
> customer entrance all I get is a blank page.

What is the link for that?  double check that it is correct.

> My error log shows
> premature end of script headers.

Usually this will be accompanied by a 500 server error, not a blank page.

> The IC error log shows no errors.

Did you check both the catalog error.log and the main Interchange error.log?

> As
> far as I can tell all is well except that error and the blank pages. The
> admin section works, well.. as well as it can until I set up the secure
> cert but I can do alot in there. If I enter into the url (I'm no newbie
> to IC, been using it for years with no troubles until this new server
> setup) a product that doesn't exist I can surely see the page and the
> logo and everything... but try to go to a reg page and it is all blank.
> I tried to go to browse and it is blank. Go to a specific product that
> exists and it is blank.
>
> Important note, this is the stock foundation catalog.

So this is not a new installation?  IC 5.4 has dropped foundation and
now uses the standard demo.  Maybe you should try upgrading and using
the standard demo.

> I'm tearin my hair out because the icdevgroup list doesn't seem to have
> an answer for my problem after days of combing through it.

The most likely explanation is that you're missing an important perl
module, but will know better with more of the info requested above.
Feel free to drop into irc.icdevgroup.org #interchange if you want some
real-time help too, or consultation.

Peter