[ic] Additional shipping calculation problem

Bruno Cantieni bruno at digi-land.com
Fri Aug 25 11:20:13 EDT 2006

This is a new topic and follows up on an earlier thread called "Shipping
from multiple origins/zones".
We operate on IC 5.2.0.
I cooked up a usertag that dynamically calculates the amount of "padding" to
be applied to a shipment as the "Additional shipping calculation" based on
origin zip codes.
The tag itself works perfectly fine but the problem we are seeing is that
the tag does not appear to get called all the time, as if there was some
sort of session or caching issue (i.e. we have a value so let's not
recalculate that part).
I also use a usertag to dynamically calculate the actual shipping amount
based on the number of origin zip codes for the items in the basket and that
tag does get called each and every time.
Both tags are logging on every call (::logDebug($some_valuable_info)) and it
is from this that I can tell that the "padding" tag does not get called
every time.
"tail -f /usr/local/interchange/debug.log" while checking out and playing
with the different shipping methods shows the drop ship tag messages flying
by each time but not so the padding tag messages.
The result is that most of the time padding is applied correctly but
sometimes it fails and all I get is the raw shipping cost and or the wrong
padding applied (i.e. from another shipmode).
I have no clue what might be going on, so if anyone has an idea, I'd love to
hear about it before I start digging into the applicable modules to look for
answers.
If necessary I'd be happy to supply the actual user tags and the
shipping.asc

Thanks,
Bruno Cantieni

Digital Landscape - Cyboretum.com
Web Applications * Web Hosting * e-Commerce
http://www.digi-land.com
http://www.cyboretum.com
bruno at digi-land.com
Phone/Fax: 1+905.668.2255