[ic] Strange behavior with [value-extended] tag

Marty Tennison marty at sediva.com
Sun Aug 27 20:40:56 EDT 2006

Kevin Walsh wrote:

> Your variable stacking is incorrect.  Try this instead:
>
> ActionMap best-sellers <<EOA
> sub {
>     $CGI->{mv_todo} = 'search';
>     $CGI->{mv_searchtype} = 'db';
>     $CGI->{mv_nextpage} = 'results';
>     $CGI->{mv_max_matches} = '99';
>     $CGI->{mv_matchlimit} = '8';
>     $CGI->{mv_coordinate} = 1;
>     $CGI->{mv_sort_field} = 'sales_rank';
>     $CGI->{mv_sort_option} = 'n';
>     $CGI->{mv_search_file} = 'products';
>     $CGI->{mv_search_field} = "sales_rank\0inactive";
>     $CGI->{mv_searchspec} = "0\01";
>     $CGI->{mv_column_op} = ">\0!=";
>     $CGI->{mv_numeric} = "1\01";
>     $Tag->update('process');
>     return 1;
> }
> EOA

Thanks Kevin!

That was it.  It took me a while to get it to work.  It seems that if a
value is a 1 you need to separate the value and the delimiter with a
space. ie: $CGI->{mv_numeric} = "1\0 1";  But once I did that, all was well.

I'm wondering... Is the \0 a PERL thing or an Interchange thing?  I
searched my perl documentation for anything relating to \0 as a
delimiter but found nothing so I am assuming it is unique to interchange?

Thanks for the help Kevin, it is much appreciated.

--
Marty Tennison