[ic] Product Meta DB Lookup issue

N.E.S.T. Solutions nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Mon Aug 28 22:26:05 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup DB lookup for my products meta data and I can't seem
get it going. It's probably something minor, but I can't see what it is.

I have MySQL v4 & IC 5.2

My tables columns are built like this:

Products table:
sku description price (...) itemtype1 itemtype1brand (...) itemtype2
itemtype2brand (...)
[around 250 columns, 20 item types]

ItemBrand table:
brand manufacturer manufaddress manufzip manufphone (...)

I want to have all my products <itemtype(x)brand> meta to lookup the
brand column from ItemBrand table. I access
the meta editor for a field, I go to the database lookup tab and I try
to set things for lookup, but this is where I can't
seem to get the Select box to display the content of the
ItemBrand::brand query.

I tried:
Lookup select set as <ItemBrand::brand> with and without LookupTable set
on the <ItemBrand> table.
Lookup select set as <brand> with and without LookupTable set on the
<ItemBrand> table.

All I get is that my previously inserted Options for that field
disapear, but no options from the query are showing in the dropdown!?!

Can someone help me find what I'm missing or doing wrong?
Thanks to all in advance

Martin Houle
N.E.S.T. Solutions