[ic] Re: ALERT: bad pipe signal received for /page.html

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 13:37:04 EST 2006

> Hello, I've been plagued by apache2 segfaults ever since I started
> using Interchange::Link years ago.  The latest Link.pm has ALERT
> messages accompanying the segfaults in error_log:
>
> ALERT: bad pipe signal received for /page.html
> [Sat Dec 09 10:27:55 2006] [notice] child pid 21337 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
>
> Does anyone have any advice on solving this?  I'm using apache-2.0.58
> and mod_perl-2.0.2 in Gentoo Linux.

Also, here is the portion of Link.pm that the ALERT seems to come from:

# Return this message to the browser when the server is not running.
# Log an error log entry if set to notify

sub die_page {

    my $r = shift;
    my $msg;

    warn "ALERT: bad pipe signal received for $ENV{SCRIPT_NAME}\n";

    $r->content_type ("text/html");
    $r->print (<<EOF);
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Interrupted</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
<H3>Someone pressed stop...</H3>
<P>
We have aborted this request because someone terminated it.
Please try again soon.
</BODY></HTML>
EOF

}

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

- Grant