[ic] How to not log nsession in usertrack?

Bryan Gmyrek bryangmyrek at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 10 12:56:13 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to optimize my server that IC is running on and noticed that a huge
usertrack file was slowing things down (I _think_ it was causing a 99% CPU bug
but maybe not, it's hard to tell if the 99% thing has gone away since I'm not
staring at top all the time).  In any case I tried switching to database
sessions and it seemed to work but usernames were not being created and the
referring url was not being shown in orders, etc, so I went back to using the
flat file.
I'm planning on doing log-rotation of usertrack now; before I thought it might
be necessary for the functioning of IC somehow but just read in another post
that it isn't.  Even so it would be more optimal I think if nsession sessions
weren't logged in usertrack, saving the time of logging a line every time a bot
does something ... this is already logged by apache and is easier for me to
analyze.
Come to think of it maybe I should turn of usertrack logging entirely.  Anyone
know how to do this and/or how to not log nsession?

Thanks!
Bryan

p.s.
On a very loosely related note, Kevin, did anyone ever put together a
NonRobotUA directive?
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2004-March/038319.html

New England Art Express - Art Prints, Posters and Framing
http://www.neartexpress.com/

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules.  If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.