[ic] Dead 5.2 in RPC?

Bob Puff bob at nleaudio.com
Tue Dec 26 11:17:58 EST 2006

Hi Gang,

I recently had some significant trouble with a 5.2 cart and
authorize.net duplicating charges - it would tell the customer the card
was declined, when the charge really did go through.  In searching the
archives, the only solution I found was to use RPC mode (I have been
running several carts on this same box in High setting for years, no
problems).  Two days after I switched to RPC mode, interchange hangs
up.  I had to kill -9 all the ic processes, and restart.  I saw no
errors in any of the error.logs that warned of any problems.  It didn't
appear that my box ran out of memory, as top reports about the same
memory usage as before the switch.

Where can I look?  Obviously, a lockup like this is not a good thing!

Alternatively, if there were a fix for the authorizenet problem, I may
want to implement that, and go back to High traffic settings.

Bob